Saturday, July 3, 2010

Edmond Libertyfest

I love living in Edmond, Oklahoma. Even though it is rapidly becoming a pretty large town, it still has many events and activities that make it seem to have a small town charm. Edmond's Libertyfest, which takes place around the 4th of July each year, is ranked in the top 5 July 4th celebrations in the nation.
There is a car show, a rodeo, and a kite festival. There's a fun children's event called Chalk It Up. One of the most popular events is called A Taste of Edmond. Different restaurants from across the city set up booths. You pay to get a wristband and then you can go around to all the different booths and eat as much as you want!

I took part in two different Libertyfest events. Last weekend I presented awards to the winners of the Road Rally, along with Emoly West, Miss Oklahoma 2010. The Road Rally is basically a big scavenger hunt on wheels. You have to follow clues and directions that take you all over the city. It is an event that my parents and I did for many years. We took home one of the lovely car trophies many of those years!

With Emoly West, Miss Oklahoma 2010

1st place winners
2nd place winners
3rd place winners
They give out an award for last place which is usually made into a joke. This year, however, everyone was very impressed with the last place winner. He was the contest's first ever blind/deaf participant. What an inspiration!
We took pictures with some cuties: Eight-Sixty top and J. McLaughlin skirt provided by Dillards Penn Square
Today was Edmond's Libertyfest parade! Hayden went with my husband's parents to watch. Here she is in her patriotic attire!Last night, I painted her finger and toe nails like American flags. She was oh-so excited!Hayden with my husband (and chauffeur for the day), Ryan WARNING: You are about to see some extreme pasty-ness. I've been trying to keep on at least a little self-tanner but I've been lazy this week. Hey, I'm of Irish descent. What can I say?Thanks to my sponsor, RAZR.com, for my wonderful car magnets!
With Emoly West, Miss Oklahoma 2010
With Anna Marie Costello, Miss Oklahoma International With Emoly and Anna Marie With Julie Christian, Miss University of Central Oklahoma 2010. This was my title nine years ago. I did not at all feel old in this moment.
Hayden with Ryan's parents, her Mimi and Chippy
My mom just recently bought this convertible. Great timing, mom!
Now, come on. How cute is this guy!?!
The parade was so much fun! There was an excellent crowd and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.
Sooo, I don't know what everyone else did after the parade, but we hightailed it over to the McDonalds drive-thru to catch breakfast - crown and all! Mmmmmm. Hazel dress provided by Dillards Penn Square

Tomorrow we will be taking Hayden to the big Parkfest activities and then to watch the fireworks. I can't wait.
Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment