Sunday, August 29, 2010

Send-off Party for Mrs. America

I had an amazing time at my send-off party this past Friday night! Heather Rouba, Mrs. Oklahoma 2009, along with the help of my friend Bill Crouch, completely planned and put together every aspect of the evening. As people arrived I was there taking pictures and signing autograph cards. Sasha Townsend, Oklahoma's Mrs. Green Country 2011, put together a photo album for me of family pictures and pictures from my reign. She also had cards for people to write me well-wishes that fit in the back of the album. It is such a keepsake and it meant so much that she worked so hard on it.
After people had time to munch on hors-d'oeuvres, a fashion show began featuring models and yours truly. We all wore interview attire followed by beautiful pageant gowns. My beautiful Frankie Couture gown for nationals is being tailored so I wore a loaner.


After the show, I performed a couple of songs and gave a speech on cystic fibrosis followed by a video I put together on the same topic. Once that was finished, everyone enjoyed some chocolate cake while looking a silent auctions items. The event was $10 at the door and all money raised that evening went to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We raised over $1200!!!! It was such a wonderful evening and I felt so blessed to be surrounded by so many loving friends and family members. I hope I do them proud in Tuscon!

My awesome cake provided by Mrs. Oklahoma 2010 contestant, Joy Rose Murpy

With my husband, Ryan

With my dear friends, Molly Crouch and Whitney Molder

With Mrs. Greater Edmond 2011, Melinda Meadows
With Teresa and Quin from Avalon Correctional Facilities. Avalon is a major sponsor for the CF Foundation each year.
With my neighbors, Tiffany and Carson Wooster
With my awesome friends, Sandra Larby and Kelli Dupuy

With my cousin, Ginger, and her little girl, Addyson.With Mrs. Green Country 2011, Sasha Townsend
With friends Graham and Adrienne Turner. Graham is one of my daughter, Hayden's, favorite babysitters!With Hannah Reid. Hannah was a student at my fine-arts preschool I used to own when she was five. I can't believe she's in 5th grade now!!!
With Alana Hill and Winston Banta. Winston was my director and Alana was on the board when I was Miss University of Central Oklahoma in 2001.
With some of our favorite people - Carol and Chris Palmer
With my great friend from high school, Stacy Nance
With the director of the Oklahoma City chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Celia Palmer.
My mom, Cheryl Baldwin, with her BFF's, Glee Bertram and Donna Stevens.
With friends ,Drs. Quentin and Kelley Lobb.With my mom, Cheryl Baldwin
I promise I only had three bites of this cake! It was sooo yummy!
With one of the models, Stacy Saunders. She will be competing soon in Miss Oklahoma USA.
With my trainer, Brian Attebery, and his wife, Jennifer.
With model, Taylor Upson. Taylor is also a former Miss UCO!
With my friend Heather Rouba, Mrs. Oklahoma 2009




No comments:

Post a Comment