Thursday, October 7, 2010

Independence Middle School

For the second year in a row, Independence Middle School in Yukon, Oklahoma raised money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. They asked me to come and speak to all of the students and let them know a little bit more about CF and about Hayden's story. I spoke to each grade separately and showed them each the Hayden's Heroes video. I absolutely love speaking to kids and they had such wonderful questions for me after the speech and video. I want to thank these students for taking part in such a selfless act and being a part of making CF stand for Cure Found!
Here I am with three of the student council members.

In this picture I am having each of them take a deep breath. I explain that, even though it was pretty easy for us, it is something that can be quite difficult for CFers. It always makes for a pretty funny picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment