Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rotary Club of Edmond

Today I had the wonderful opportunity to speak to the Edmond Rotary Club. I talked about my reason for entering the pageant and was able to spend quite a bit of time talking about cystic fibrosis. I was even able to show Hayden's Great Strides video which was very well received. I made several great contacts, saw many people I knew from church, had a great lunch courtesy of Super Suppers, and had a wonderful time. I spoke with the President of the Edmond Rotary, Andy Lester, about coming to some of the elementary schools to read to the children. I really hope I get the chance to do that. I love children and I LOVE to see their imaginations and minds at work.
Here I am with President Andy Lester of Lester, Loving and Davies law firmWith a dear lady, Mitzi Hancuff, who is the executive director of the Edmond Fine Arts Institute. Before Hayden was born I owned and operated a fine arts preschool, Wee Melodies, and she allowed me to use the space at FAI to teach my classes.
With my friend, Carrie Williams. Carrie is a lawyer at Lester, Loving and Davies and she is the one that got me in with the rotary to speak, as her boss is the president. Thanks, Carrie!
Here I am speaking!
I had such a wonderful time. Thank you, Edmond Rotary Club, for making me feel so welcome!
Click here to go to the Rotary Club website and see the information Andy Lester posted about my visit.

Ralph Lauren suit provided by Dillards Penn Square

No comments:

Post a Comment