Monday, June 7, 2010

Children's Miracle Network Telethon

I was asked by Jan Dunham, director of the Oklahoma City Children's Miracle Network, to be a part of the annual CMN telethon. She wanted me to bring Hayden on camera with me for us both to be interviewed. They asked me about Hayden and her cystic fibrosis, and they asked me to explain some of the difficulties the come with being a parent of a child with CF. They asked Hayden if she did treatments. She said, "Yes, and I swallow pills". When Anita Blanton asked her if that was hard to do she replied, "No, they're just fine"! I very pleased with how the interview went and Hayden did on camera. She was a big girl!
Here we are with KOCO anchors Anita Blanton and Daniel Holdge. I'm not quite sure why Hayden looks so grumpy in this picture! After our interview! We celebrated with free ice cream from the Schwans truck outside!
They then asked Hayden if she would like a carriage ride. Gee, what do you think she said?! She loved getting to pet the horse.
My mom, Cheryl Baldwin, went with us.
I had to sneak this picture. What four-year-old sits with her legs crossed?!
Hayden and her Mommo.
We definitely had fun. I hope a lot of money was raised for the Children's Miracle Network!
Antonio Melani dress provided by Dillards Penn Square
Necklace provided by Stella and Dot (ask me if you'd like info on finding a rep!)

1 comment:

  1. All the girls looks so pretty; your mom looks so young and little Hayden so grown-up! She's precious! I miss her! Glad I can keep up with her on your blog!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete